Online Safety at Fox Wood
Technology and the internet are powerful tools that are firmly fixed in to the world that we live in. Use of the internet can open up new worlds for our pupils and support their learning and development in many ways. Electronic communication helps teachers and pupils to learn from each other and can stimulate discussion as well as fostering creativity. However, we are all aware of the potential dangers that surround us in the online world and sometimes we can feel clueless as to how to best protect our children.
Here are some ideas to ensure your child’s safety when using the internet:
- Set up parental controls on your home broadband and any devices that your child uses.
- Make sure you accounts are all password protected.
- Be with your child when they are online and talk about what they are doing.
- Set rules for screen time and stick to them.
- Choose the sites that your child has access to.
- Activate ‘safe search’ options on search engines such as Google and Youtube.
If you have any concerns please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Below is a link to the CEOP website.
CEOP is a law enforcement agency and is here to help keep children and young people safe from sexual abuse and grooming online. They help thousands of children and young people every year who have been in a similar situation to you. CEOP are unable to respond to reports about bullying, fake accounts or account hacking.